Around 1610, Tyrolean Chancellor Friedrich Altstetter, a nobleman, commissioned master builder Bartolomeo del Galletto to construct the aristocrat’s residence at Lake Kaltern. It was later owned by Johann Georg Manincor, the Lords of Wolkenstein, Franz Michael von Schasser, and the Baron di Pauli family. In 1965, Ignaz Brigl purchased the estate and established a new family tradition. Following Brigl’s daughter Barbara, his grandson Stefan Lochmann now represents the third generation to manage the estate.
in the old residence
Stefan and Juliana are living out their personal dream at Gut Kaltenburg – with sensitivity to the location’s long history, plenty of ideas up their sleeves, and excitement about the creative freedom that comes with this vocation. They are supported by a small team of employees and family members.